I am sure you have all heard the Black Friday horror stories, people getting trampled, a man being held at gun point for a TV, and the list goes on. But does it all have to be so bad? My answer is no, with a little planning you can actually have *gasp* fun on Black Friday, and score some AH-Mazing bargains.
This year Black Friday sales are beginning on Thanksgiving night at 8 PM, this has me a bit peeved! Really folks, why can't we just all wake up at 4 AM, like normal people? However I will be shopping because we go as a whole family, so I will still be spending "quality family time".
Now for some tips and tricks to make this shopping
1) Prepare. Be prepared before you leave to go shopping. You can view most of the ads online now, so look at them to see what you want. Know your stores layout, so you know where to go to get the best deals. If they offer you a map at the door, take it. With these sales they have a lot of special displays set up, and you need to know where to find those three ninety nine pj pants, trust me you want those.
2) Do your research. Know if you are actually getting a DEAL, if you are saving $1 on an item, it's better to stay home. Search online the week before, you may find a better deal and avoid crazy
3) Be comfortable. Wear comfortable shoes, because you will be standing in line for awhile. Check out lines last year at Target took 45 minutes to go through.
4) Get fueled up. Eat before you go, no one likes a grumpy shopper. Also bring snacks and water with you, so you can stay awake and hydrated. Also literally fuel up, remember to put gas in your car, no use waiting in line for gas when you could be shopping.
5) Keep your receipts. Many stores have stricter return policies for Black Friday items, so keep all receipts!
6) Set a Budget. I will admit I have gotten sucked into the hype
7) Divide and Conquer. Take friends,or family, whoever you can stand to be in a 45 min plus line with. Split up the list, then meet up at the check out line, this really helps the shopping go smoother.
8) Last but not least- ditch the cart! Everyone always grabs a cart at the door, then it is a major traffic jam. Leave this bad boy at the door then
Oh and if none of this sounds appealing and/or fun to you just wait for Cyber Monday and shop online!
Question of the day: Do you plan to shop on Black Friday?
Don't forget to enter my giveaway for ad space, 2 months of it for free :)
Need to catch up on this series? Week 1- Online Shopping